Seneca High School will celebrate its 2017 Football Homecoming on Friday night, Sept. 29, by crowning the homecoming queen about 6:30 p.m. at the SHS football field.
The Indians will play the Cassville Wildcats at 7 p.m. in varsity football action.
After the game, Seneca students only are invited to watch the movie “Remember the Titans” on a big screen assembled on the football field.
The Seneca School District would like residents in that neighborhood to know that it might be a little louder than normal outdoors at that time due to the playing of the movie, but that it should be done by midnight.
Homecoming queen candidates are:
Glori Caputo, senior
• Parents: Joe and Darla Caputo.
• Activities/organizations: Cross country, Racine Student Ministry Leadership Team, FCA, Key Club president, Heritage Club, Spanish Club, yearbook staff, FBLA, student council, NHS, and Youth Chang youth board.
• Achievements: First Team Conference All-Academic Award, Caleb Kuhn Memorial Award, and Second Team All-Conference (cross country).
• Favorite high school memory: One of my favorites from this year is when Maggie and I listened to the Seneca & Osage game on the radio. We went to the golf course and looked up at the stars while taking in the Indians victory. The night consisted of surprise sprinklers, laughter, and jamming out to our favorite songs.
• Future plans: Planning on attending Ozark Christian College or Liberty University to get a degree that allows me to impact the lives and minister to youth.
Ally Gonzalez, senior
• Parents: Leo Gonzalez.
• Achievements: Becoming homecoming queen candidate and receiving college scholarships to MSSU.
• Favorite high school memory: Being a part of the Pep Club and, of course, meeting Cameron.
• Future plans: Going to college and hopefully becoming a dental hygienist.
Brooklyn Friend, senior
• Parents: Lance and Kim Friend.
• Activities/organizations: Student Council, Key Club, Art Club, Pep Club, and cadet teaching.
• Favorite high school memory: I have made many good memories in high school, but my favorite has to be hanging out with my best friends.
• Future plans: Attend a college close to home and become a dental hygienist.
Homecoming queen attendants are:
Mekaylee Beard, junior
• Parents: Jason and Barbara Beard.
• Activities/organizations: Key Club, Heritage Club, softball, basketball, track, and Student Council.
• Achievements: First Team All-District pitcher, Second Team All-Conference pitcher, Second Team All-State pitcher, fifth place at state for javelin, and First Team All-Academic.
• Favorite high school memory: Jamming to throwback songs with my best friends and singing at the top of our lungs even though none of us can sing at all.
• Future plans: To attend Central Christian College and continue my softball career, and who knows what I’m going to be.
Mylea Schlessman, sophomore
• Parents: Mike and Kristi Schlessman.
• Activities/organizations: Student Council, FCA, Pep Club, volleyball, basketball, my church youth group, Spanish Club, and Art Club.
• Achievements: All-Academic Team, made it to the district championship in volleyball last year.
• Favorite high school memory: Spending every weekend with my friends, hanging out at Harris’s house.
• Future plans: I would love to go on and play college volleyball if that’s in God’s plan for me and pursue a career as an orthodontist.
Makayla French, freshman
• Parents: Jason and Jennifer French.
• Activities/organizations: Softball, basketball, student council, church youth group at Seneca Assembly, and vice-president for the freshmen.
• Achievements: Starting varsity softball player.
• Favorite high school memory: All of the bus rides to away games.
• Future plans: Get a scholarship to the University of Missouri for softball and basketball.