5 years ago
• Jim and Bonnie Boyer recently returned home from a mission trip to Belize.
• Seneca resident Glin Woods opened an auto body repair business at his home at 1606 Maple Lane.
• The annual Seneca FFA labor auction will be held Saturday, April 9, at 6 p.m. at the Seneca Intermediate School gym.
10 years ago
• Missouri citizens or businesses who suffered storm related damages during the recent storms are urged to apply for federal/state disaster assistance.
• Leona R. Dry, 86, of Independence, Mo., formerly from Seneca, passed away Monday, March 13, at the Medical Center of Independence.
15 years ago
• The Missouri State Highway Patrol will continue its aggressive efforts to impact driving while intoxicated by participating in “Safe and Sober” enforcement programs throughout 2001.
• From University of Missouri Outreach and Extension: the 2000 Census demographics soon will be available for viewing via the Internet.
20 years ago
• The Westview C-6 Board of Education met Thursday, Feb. 15, at 6:30 p.m. in the teacher’s workroom.
30 years ago
• Missouri Treasurer Wendell Bailey announced $187,458,572 would be allocated this week to banks for the MO BUCKS 86 low interest linked deposit program.
• A housewife become the biggest winner in Missouri Lottery history by hitting the $5.2 million jackpot in the Missouri Lottery Jackpot game.
• A community Easter service, sponsored by the Ministerial Alliance, will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday evening at First Baptist Church.
40 years ago
• Fillings for two vacancies on the Seneca R-7 Board of Education are open for the annual school election to be held April 5, as announced by Gordon Bradshaw, superintendent.
• An open house will be held Sunday, March 27, at the recently completed addition to the elementary school for the viewing public between the hours of 1 and 5 p.m.
• Mrs. Eva Tomlinson had as her Saturday guests, Mr. and Mrs. John Hammond. They were en route to their home in Flint, Mich., after having spent the winter months in Phoenix, Ariz.
50 years ago
• Plans are being made to form an Extension Club in the Spring City-Hornet community.
• The Parkwood High School choir will present a concert April 1 at Seneca for the high school students.
• David Pryor, of Seneca, will be the featured speaker at a young people meeting April 1 at the May Community Church. It will start at 7:30 p.m.
(compiled by MyraGale Sexton)