The Seneca High School football team is preparing to host the Go Big Red Football Golf Classic this coming summer.
Mac Whitehead, assistant football coach, is the tournament coordinator.
“This is a two-person scramble and will be held at Peoria Ridge Golf Course in Miami, Okla., on Friday, June 3,” said Whitehead.
All of the proceeds from the tournament will help the Seneca football team with summer camp costs such as camp fees, camp clothes, transportation, and other costs.
“Another important benefit from the money raised will be the creation of a scholarship that will be given to a deserving senior football player,” said Whitehead.
The scholarship is based on the player’s commitment to the program, academic excellence, and a commitment to serving others.
“We are currently looking for sponsors and participation for the tournament,” said Whitehead.
There are different levels of sponsorship that people can choose from:
• Breakfast Sponsor — $200 includes signage and recognition during awards presentation.
• Lunch Sponsor — $400 includes signage and recognition during awards presentation.
• First prize — $440 ($220 per flight).
• Second prize — $360 ($180 per flight).
• Third prize — $280 ($140 per flight).
• Contest Sponsor — Three available (closest to pin, long drive, and hole in one) at $150 includes tee sign and recognition during awards presentation.
• Hole Sponsor — 18 available at $100 each includes tee sign and recognition during awards presentation.
“If you would prefer, donations of merchandise, gift cards, food/beverages or any other contributions or services will be greatly appreciated and recognized,” said Whitehead.
Other ideas could include sponsoring the gift bags with your company’s logo on it, golf towels, golf balls, hats, etc.
Interested sponsors should contact Whitehead by April 1 at (417) 629-6400 or email@example.com; or mail checks to Go Big Red Golf Classic, c/o Seneca High School, 914 Frsico St., Seneca, MO 64865.
“Please join us for a great day of golf for our football team and our school,” said Whitehead.