5 years ago
• The seventh and eighth grade science fair was held Thursday, Feb. 23, in the Seneca Junior High gym. The experiments ranged from cell phone effects, fast foods (good or bad for the body), bacteria and germs everywhere, herbs and their effectiveness, and chemical changes in states of matter.
• Corner Cafe is finally open following the completion of much-needed repairs.
• The Missouri House is considering legislation that would crack down on school bullies. The Seneca R-7 School District adopted this legislation during its regular monthly meeting after reviewing two to three drafts of the policy over the past several weeks.
10 years ago
• After weighing the pros and cons, the Seneca City Council agreed to contract out the ice storm cleanup work. The decision was reached during the regular council meeting on Monday, Feb. 26. All councilmen were present except Truman Brady.
• Scouts from Boy Scout Troop 58 and Club Scouts Pack 58 will be kicking off their annual food drive on Saturday, March 3. The scouts will distribute food bags door to door and on Saturday, March 10, will be returning to collect those food bags that residents have placed on their doorsteps.
• The Westview Board of Education met at 5:30 p.m. in the teacher’s workroom at the school.
15 years ago
• The name has been selected and area special road districts are working in a collaborative effort to obtain more funding in order to better maintain the roads throughout the districts.