5 years ago
• The gym inside Seneca Intermediate School also serves as a FEMA-approved tornado shelter for the community. The maximum capacity is 2,711 people. The shelter will be available for residents in the community who live within the 1.5-mile radius who do not have basements or other safe rooms.
• Chantelly’s is a women’s clothing store that has more than just clothing. It also offers jewelry, purses, headbands, scarves, and shoes. “I am a glorified girl and love bling,” said owner Diana Rose, of Cassville.
• A project to install new Interstate 49 signs is beginning along U.S. 71 between McDonald County Route H in Pineville and I-435 on the south edge of Kansas City. Several crews may be working along different stretches of the 180-mile long corridor at any given time.
10 years ago
• A long time ago, back in 2005, Congress passed and the President signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005, and somewhere in those 1,700 pages is a section that changed the start date and ending date of daylight saving time this year.
• Reality TV has been a seemingly strong force in the television industry. Shows like the “Real World” on Music TV channel.
• When Mary Alice Conduff moved to Seneca and brought two dogs with her and put them in her fenced backyard, one of the two dogs decided they did not like living there, managed to get out and in spite of an extensive search, was gone never to be seen again.